- About Us
- Client Login
Vice President, Business Development
Ryan joined Longfellow in January of 2013 in the role of Vice President of Business Development. Focusing on expanding the firm's client base, Ryan's responsibilities involve meeting with entrepeneurs, financial executives, and HR professionals to develop awareness of Longfellow's capability to meet their benefits and retirement planning needs. He learns about prospective clients' businesses and listens to the unique needs and goals that they have with respect to corporate culture and process. Once these needs are assessed, Ryan explains how Longfellow can provide clients with the support and expertise that they require. In addition, he works collaboratively with his co-workers on new business projects and the consideration of concepts and ideas.
After earning his BA in Accounting from Catholic University, Ryan entered the insurance field in 2004. His previous positions include Managing Director at McDermott & Thomas Associates and Investment Advisor Representative at John Hancock. He is a proud recipient of the Irish Echo 40 Under 40 award.
Professional and Personal Orgzanizations
- Boston Irish Business Association, Vice President, Board Member
- Dedham Shines, Treasurer, Board Member
- Dedham Square Circle, Member
- Town of Dedham Master Plan Implementation Committee, Vice Chair
- Town of Dedham Town Meeting, Member
- Boston World Partnerships, Connector
- Coalition FOR Community Colleges, Private Sector Member
- New England Israeli Business Council, Member
- TIE, Member
- MIT Enterprise Forum, Member
- Irish Network Boston, Member
- The Algonquin Club of Boston, Member
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Legislative Committee
A little more about Ryan...
Ryan enjoys spending time with his wife and 3 children, attending community events, supporting local non-profits, running, and reading. He values the opportunity to collaborate with the great professionals at Longfellow who are always eager to help.